Mobile aluminium scaffold can be safely called the most interesting innovation in the field of high-end construction gear. It is also really convenient to use and assemble a mobile aluminium scaffold. When it comes to aluminium scaffold there are two main categories that you can use, tower and mobile. A tower scaffold is a free structure made up of four vertical standards attached together horizontally and transversely to make up a scaffold bay.
Aluminium Mobile Scaffold is an aluminium structure that is structured on site. It can be constructed to a maximum height of 12 metres and comes equipped as an aluminium scaffolding wheels to provide better manuevarity. If you need elevation, but are always on the move then we have a solution for you too.
Aluminium Mobile provides a safe elevated working platform for construction activities like plastering or painting, where you need to constantly go about the construction site. It is safe, easy to assemble and doesn’t need to be broken down before moving it.
Safety guidelines to using mobile scaffolding:
The workers at the construction field are anyway exposed to a lot of risk. Therefore, below listed are some safety guidelines that you must follow while working at a construction site with these gears.
1. Make sure to construct the scaffold at a level ground. Moreover, the floor should be firm enough to hold the weight of the scaffold, workers, and any construction material that they set up there.
2. You must have a temporary railing around the scaffold so that the workers access the mobile section of the tower only when needed.
3. Assemble the scaffold only on a square shape that is leveled beforehand.
4. The best method of successfully constructing an aluminium mobile scaffold is aligning its vertical pieces together as they come along automatically. Apply support making use of the diagonal braces and cross braces. You can also use a combination of horizontal braces with a diagonal basis for better support.
5. Always remember to lock the castors and put on the wheel brakes, so the scaffolding stays intact right at its place. You must also lock the swivel. You can also buy wheel locks separately for extra safety.
6. Pin and close the scaffold legs and adjust the screws so the wheel stems stay in their own places.
7. Make sure that the horizontal platform should not exceed the length of the scaffold frame, as this may shift the balance and make the scaffold structure topple over.
8. Make use of screw jacks to level the scaffolding.
9. Do not send the employees or crew members to climb the scaffolding when the wind exceeds seven meters per second.If the weather continues to worsen, break down the scaffolding and store it safely in a closed area.
10. Before working in hail, snow, or rainfall, mop the platforms so they are not slippery. If you are working at a location with frequent rainfalls, use aluminum mobile scaffolding. It is extremely convertible and thus you can use it and store it.
11. The workers must not lean against the aluminium mobile scaffold structure.
12. Always climb up the scaffolding using the inside of the tower. Do not hold onto the braces for climbing as they are supportive of the main structure.
How to move the scaffolding safely?
The primary reason behind purchasing mobile scaffolding is because they can be moved around quickly. It eases the work operations and gets things done a lot faster. Now, let’s take a look at how you can safely move it:
1. Make sure that the scaffolding structure is erected properly so it does not fall or collapse.
2. Always remember to loosen the brakes before moving the scaffold from one place to another.
3. Instead of leaning on the structure to move, make use of applied force to have complete control over it for efficient transportation.
4. Before moving the scaffolding, make sure that the scaffold is not carrying any material. Also, ensure the workers are all on the ground.
5. Remember to make a general announcement before moving the scaffolding, so no one gets in the way and ends up hurting themselves.
6. Do not let the structure’s height exceed over six meters, as that will increase the chances of toppling over or collapsing.